How to fix FinalSense blogger templates
Back in my blog-fever days when the leap from idea to blog took a matter of minutes, FinalSense was my go-to resource for XML blogger templates. Their designs were simple, classy and abstract enough to blend seamlessly with whatever content I had in mind.
Then somewhere along the line their photo host - Picasa Web Albums - decided to change their default image size, effectively messing up a third of my blog layouts. After a bit of tinkering I figured out the solution was to add
s900/ to the image URLs, thereby restoring them to their correct sizes. Step-by-step tutorial:
- Open Blogger and click on the blog you want to fix. Go to 'Template' in the left menu and click on the 'Edit HTML' button.
- A warning will come up - click on 'Proceed'.
- Do a search (press Ctrl+F) for
- Find the first forward slash (/) to the left of
s900/directly after it. E.g.
- Do the same for all remaining instances of
.jpg. Preview, save, and you're done!